Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots is a four-step experiential programme that gives students a comprehensive understanding of sustainability, increased confidence, problem-solving abilities, leadership skills, and opportunities to collaborate with others to achieve a common goal.
“All too often we use the curriculum to design our programmes, while Roots & Shoots is opening my eyes that it begins with the students and what they see, and because the students started and researched the projects, they are already engaged and will stay engaged!”
The Roots & Shoots programme provides impacts for animals, people and our shared environment and aligns with the world-wide Global Citizenship Education movement, Inquiry Learning and Education for Sustainability.
There are a number of ways you can bring Roots & Shoots programming into your classroom, community group, school or University.
Roots & Shoots resources and support to help educators get the most out of the programme, for them, their groups and communities.
For support or queries contact our Roots & Shoots Education Coordinator
From sustainability actions, to campaign projects, to formula projects to Roots & Shoots schools, there are a number of ways you can bring Roots & Shoots programming into your classroom, club or school.
Get some personal inspiration for your class, school, club, organisation, or office, to take the steps in making a difference with a Roots & Shoots workshop with a member of the JGINZ team.
- You get to address real local and global issues relevant to your community.
- We are in 100 countries, with 150,000 members, and counting!
- You’ll have the opportunity to get your hands dirty and take action!
- Our youth blossom into leaders like Jane Goodall.
- Friends with a purpose are the best kind - and you strengthen your community!
- We have tools so you can lead an awesome Roots & Shoots group!