The Jane Goodall Institute is a global nonprofit focused on undertaking and inspiring action towards a healthy planet, where people live sustainably and in harmony with animals and a shared environment.
The leadership of the New Zealand Chapter of the Jane Goodall Institute operate independently but work under the guidance of the Global organisation and in collaberation with Chapters worldwide.
What we stand for
- We strive to respect, nourish and protect all living things; people, animals and the environment are all interconnected
- We believe that knowledge leads to understanding, and that understanding will encourage us to take action
- We believe that every individual has the ability to make a positive difference
- We believe that flexibility and open-mindedness are essential to enable us to respond to a changing world
- We require integrity and compassion in all that we do and say
The Jane Goodall Institute New Zealand is delighted to have the Right Honourable Helen Clark, former UNDP Administrator and Prime Minister of New Zealand, as its patron.
Jane Goodall Institute New Zealand exists to inspire and advance the power of individuals to take informed and compassionate action to improve the environment of all living things. This mission guides our programmes, campaigns and work.
JGI New Zealand believes in empowering young people to act as conservation leaders.
Our programmes and campaigns are guided by our youth leaders, and they engage and inspire others with their actions.
OUR GLOBAL PRESENCE
Jane Goodall Institutes are making a difference around the world everyday.
Our approach as a global conservation organisation has always been community-centred, while working together across sectors, regions and cultures to make the greatest impact. This means improving the lives of people, animals, and the environment through international and local collaboration, and having the people who know their communities best take the lead in creating positive change.
We inspire hope through the collective power of individual action.
R & S – COLOMBIA JGI – REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO
JGI – DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO JGI – FRANCE
JGI – HUNGARY R & S – INDONESIA
JGI – KENYA R & S – LATIN AMERICA & CARIBBEAN
JGI – TAIWAN JGI – TANZANIA
JGI – UGANDA JGI – UK