- Wild chimpanzee conservation
- Conservation Science
- Sustainability action & advocacy, related to JGI’s mission and the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Youth Engagement in sustainability actions, related to JGI’s mission and the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Captive chimpanzee/primate wellbeing
- Conservation of other wild apes
Our world has 800 million people suffering without adequate food and 2.4 million still live without access to improved sanitation and many complex issues in need of attention and action.
In 2015 the United Nations crafted a set of 17 goals to help us achieve a vision of a better world for all. These Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) tackle some of humanity’s most difficult problems, from climate change to inequality. These Global Goals set in place targets to work towards in order to achieve our ultimate goal by 2030.
JGI NZ is an action point to contribute positive impacts towards each of these goals. Through our work in programmes in Africa, New Zealand and globally. Through your actions in our programmes and with our campaigns. Together we can make a difference and reach our goals, for the benefit of animals, people and our environment.
The work of the Jane Goodall Institute acts to address the Global Goals, and we are invested in their long-term success.
The Jane Goodall Institute is contributing to the accomplishment of the SDGs.
Help JGI work to achieve these goals