School, University, or community clubs of individuals joined together to make a difference for animals, people and the environment.
How To Start a Club
Roots & Shoots Clubs in New Zealand are school-based, or at Universities, or within community organisations.
Take the following steps to start a club:
- Get approval from a teacher, University or organisation, explain why you would like to start a Roots & Shoots club.
- School based clubs - Ask a teacher to oversee the club, liaise between club members and the school, and be a contact for Roots & Shoots Staff.
- Elect club leadership. Establish a “Club Day” for regular interval Roots & Shoots Club meetings.
- Clubs should have at least one on-going project from one of the theme areas of environment, community and animals.
- Register you club with JGINZ!
Members of a Roots & Shoots club should feel a strong sense of ownership and responsibility for the group. Members will attend meetings and select and execute projects.
See what the Wellington High School Root & Shoots Club have been up to and get inspired to start a Roots & Shoots Club at your school, University or in your community!